Private Vehicles Access: Beginning June 1, private vehicle access reservations will be available using www.recreation.gov . The public will be able to reserve a time window on select dates for traveling the park road.
Drivers must purchase the permits for $55, which includes a vehicle park entrance fee of $30 valid for seven days and a vehicle permit fee of $25, valid for one day. The park entrance fee does not apply for annual or lifetime park passes, and that is all accommodated during the reservation process. At check-in, drivers must show identification, annual or lifetime pass and vehicle permit reservation.
Permits will allow drivers to drive their own vehicles to Teklanika River between June 1-30 and then all the way to Eielson Visitor Center during a handful of weekends between July and September.
“Driving the Denali Park Road is a unique opportunity and not to be undertaken lightly. Visitors will traverse a winding, gravel road that is one to one-and-a-half lanes wide at some spots. There are steep slopes, no cell service and limited access to facilities. Please be aware you’ll be sharing the road with buses and heavy equipment.”
2020 Road Lottery:
Registration for the 2020 Road Lottery (September 18-22) will be open from June 1-30. The annual Road Lottery is September 18 – 22, with September 19 being Military Appreciation Day. Lottery entries will be available for submission online at www.recreation.gov
Bus Tour Reservations: Beginning June 1, tours sales should resume on www.reservedenali.com/ These tours will begin July 1, with a modified capacity and schedules, to comply with current CDC guidelines.
- Tundra Wilderness Tours will run starting July 1, with bookings resuming June 1
- Transit and Camper bus schedules will be limited, and are still being finalized.
- (current projection using public health guidance is each bus can operate at a max of 50% capacity).
Campground Reservations: Reservations can be made for Denali Park Campgrounds here Denali Park Campgrounds . Campgrounds will open as listed below.
- Riley Creek Campground – Opened May 22
- Savage Creek Campground – June 16
- Teklanika Campground – June 16 for POV with 3 nights reservation
- July 1 for regular season reservations with bus service (and still POV access, as always)
- Igloo Creek Campground – Open with bus service July 1
- Sanctuary Campground – Open with bus service July 1
- Wonder Lake – likely will not open this summer